Non Resident Nepali (NRN) ID card is issued by this Embassy to the Foreign Citizen of Nepali Origin and Nepali Citizen residing abroad for more than two years except in the SAARC countries. ID card for Foreign Citizen of Nepali Origin may be issued valid for ten years and ID card for Nepali Citizen residing abroad may be issued valid for two years. Please refer to NRN Act and NRN Rules below for detailed information.
Process for Applying NRN ID
- Submitting Online Form First
- Visit the website: https://nrn.mofa.gov.np
- Click ‘Sign Up’ and fill up your details and create your account
- Click ‘Sign In’
- Click ‘Continue’ under “नेपाली मुलको विदेशी नागरिक”
- Select “नेपाली राजदूतावास, क्यानवेरा”
- Select ID Card Type; For Example, select ‘New’ if you are applying for the first time
- Fill up all the details of numbers 1 and 2 (To fill up detail of No. 2 click ‘add’), numbers 3,4,5 are optional
- Upload the following documents under ‘संलग्न कागजात’
- Around 400×300 pixel wide Passport Sized Photo (Photo can be resized through Google)- Mandatory
- Signature (Sign on plain paper and make JPEG file)- Mandatory
- Foreign Passport and Citizenship
- Nepali Citizenship Certificate
- Submit your application clicking ‘Apply for Card’ under ‘Card Request’
- Print out your duly filled application form from ‘पूर्वावलोकन’ Section
- After submitting Online Form, Send following document through post or in Person
- Dully filled online application
- Copy of Nepali Citizenship Certificate
- Copy of Nepali Passport
- Evidence of Nepali Citizenship renunciation (if renounced)
- Copy of Foreign Citizenship Certificate
- Copy of Foreign Passport
- Evidence of Business/Occupation/Employment (copy of business registration certificate, appointment letter etc.)
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Postage paid self addressed envelope with tracking number (preferably signature on delivery post for safe delivery)
- Fee: AUD 572.00 (Payment can be made through Money order/Bank Draft in the name of ‘Embassy of Nepal, Canberra’.
(EFTPOS facility is available for debit cards (No credit cards) where 1.10% is applied as surcharge per transaction. Cash is also accepted.)
Processing Time: Around 7-10 working days once the Embassy receives the documents.
The fees paid for the service must be used within one year. Repayment will apply if service has not been rendered by any reason within a year.