Nepali national who doesn’t hold a valid passport and is in urgent need to go to Nepal may apply for one-way travel document.
Requirements for a Travel Document:
- Duly filled-in application form for TD (Download form)
- Two identical most recent passport size photographs
- Original Passport if valid
- One copy of Nepali citizenship certificate and passport each
- Fees for Travel Document: Australian dollar 60.00 (Payment can be made also by sending Money Order/Bank Draft in the name of ‘Embassy of Nepal, Canberra’).
- For new born baby, copy of Nepali citizenship and passport of parents and copy of birth certificate of baby are required instead of Nepali citizenship certificate.
- If applying by post, self-addressed (write your address in the recipient side of the envelope) postage-paid envelope (preferably signature on delivery post). The Embassy will not be responsible for lost/undelivered posts.
- Postal Address:- PO Box -1070. Mawson, ACT 2607
(EFTPOS facility is available for debit cards (No credit cards) where 1.10% is applied as surcharge per transaction. Cash is also accepted.)
The fees paid for the service must be used within three months. Repayment will apply if service has not been rendered by any reason within three months.
Processing Time: Same day if applicant is physically present. If documents are sent by post, around 3-4 working days once the Embassy receives the documents.